Friday 7 August 2015

Pandora's Box.

I'd written a piece long back. I showed it to no one, and deleted it as soon as I was convinced it was bullpoopy.

Well, rather than piece I'm sure you could call that a note saved in my crappy phone. And that note, I wrote after I came back after witnessing a girl being bullied. And not being brave enough to stand it. Because I was afraid of landing up like that.

Now I realize how brave she is.
And I'm glad she makes an effort to connect with me, so, so glad.

See, thing is, that note went somewhat like this, the thing in which I believe the most:
You don't get to call that fat girl fat.
You do get to call her, however, a person suffering from Prader-Willi Syndrome.

You don't get to say mean things behind that new girls' back even if she wears torn clothes.
Her parents died in the fire that burnt most of her clothes.

You don't get to feel vengeful about the boy with the street look even if he slammed against you and left without a proper apology.
He had three jobs to get to and six mouths to feed.

Wonder how that popular girl keeps smiling without her jaws tiring?
She finds comfort in the fact that no one in school knows the scars on her back.

It feels so good.
To be understood
to be taken seriously.
To live, to laugh,
to hurt, to cry,
but only if your emotions are
treated properly.
Taken seriously.
It feels so good.

Being prejudiced, and being slaves to terms is all part of how we've shaped this world, and how we perceive things. Being open minded is tough, and I don't mean it's 'tough' I mean it's tough.
Don't get me?
How hard is it for our brain to not form presumptions about something?
It is a defense mechanism. If our brain couldn't form a presumption that "Hell yes, this animal is gonna eat me up" we couldn't have survived.

How hard it is, to truly see.
But how wonderful.

The resultant treasure you find is a thing which is simply part of your soul.
I used to not believe in destiny.
Lyra and Will, made me.
Stars, made me.
Stories, made me.
The things that happen everyday, make me.

Oh, I still believe in free will. Yes I do.
It's a contradiction. So maybe it is a paradox. Or again, maybe it's not.

Because you see, the things which are truly of consequence, are seen from the heart.

So even if I do tire of all the misery and melodrama and not enough 'seeing' happening around, I take heart in the fact that the Little Prince was here, and he taught a certain person and a certain fox somethings, which were imparted to us all.

And I go on living because I still have hope.
The only thing which was left in Pandora's Box.

No comments:

Post a Comment