Wednesday 16 September 2015

"When I was a kid, I was fascinated by space. And I learnt that time slows near a black hole. Inside a black hole, time stops altogether. Whether or not will this theory ever be proved, I am moved to believe that this would be the perfect place to love someone."

We agreed that this was too perfect.
He said he'd find me there- somehow. And that we'd escape together.
Escape to a black hole.
Where time stops.

The perfect place to love someone.

I told him I'd wait. He smiled.

How long?

Long enough to be with you. 

You do realize we'd be 27 years apart, don't you? 

You could learn to like older women. 

He grinned.
I marveled at the brilliance of that grin.

The Sun was beginning to set.

Watch the stars with me, tonight. For one last time.
Before I cease to exist.

That ending left me feeling as if the cells of my lungs had evaporated, leaving me unable to breathe, with only a burn in my chest. As if my lungs had incinerated.

These paradoxes are such, such funny things.

How could he cease to exist when he was in front of me right now, right there?
Living, breathing.
Loving, leaving.
Grinning, sparkling.

Destined to not be, crumbling.
~

No comments:

Post a Comment